Do You Know?
- What makes the Bio-fires so special?
The secret lies in a real beautiful dancing flame and has to be seen to be appreciated. This real fire do not require any chimney or special installation as there is no smoke or smell from the burning of Bio-Fuel. The revolution in fireplaces adds a new look to interior design of any room. Apart from its decorative prosperities the Bio-fire is very mobile and can be moved from one room to another.
- Can a room be heated by a Bio-Fireplace?
Bio-fireplaces are primarily for decorative purposes, but also an efficient source of heat.
Bio-Fireplace is able to heat 300 sq.ft (28sq.m) room by 7.2°F (4°C) in one hour.
- Do I need to install a chimney for my Bio-Fireplace?
No, this is the cost saving feature of having an alternative fuel fireplace. Bio-Fireplaces are flueless fireplaces so the heat which is usually lost through the chimney remains in the room.
- What is the Bio-Fuel made from?
Bio-fuel produced by fermentation of sugars derived from wheat, corn, sugar beets, sugar cane, molasses and any sugar or starch that alcoholic beverages can be made from (like potato and fruit waste, etc.)
- Does the burning of Bio-Fuel change the color of the ceiling over time?
No, the Bio-Fuel burns completely fume and smoke free but there should be at least 4-5 feet between the fire and the ceiling.
- How long will the Bio-Fireplaces last?
These products will last for the rest of your life if handled carefully and used according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Can the glass crack?
The sodium glass used in the production of Bio-Fireplaces has been extensively tested using the Bio-Fuel and will not crack when using this product according to the manufacturer’s directions. If you spill fuel on the glass, dry it thoroughly and wipe any residue with a damp cloth before lighting.
- Are there dangers for children and pets?
As with any other open flame, it obviously has its dangers and should be kept out of reach of children and away from pets. Please treat Bio-Fire, as you would any other open fire.
- How do I extinguish the flame?
Using the tool provided.
- Can we do any cooking on the Bio-Fireplaces or fireplace inserts?
- Can I burn wood in my Bio-Fireplace or fireplace inserts?
Absolutely not – nothing except Bio-Fuel should be burned in your Bio-Fireplace or fireplace inserts!
- Can I use a Bio-Fireplace or fireplace inserts if I am asthmatic or have chest problems?
Yes! No smoke is given off, the only 2 emissions given off are Carbon Dioxide which is in the air we breathe already, and steam which will do no harm at all, the steam will moisten the air which could benefit these ailments.
- Is there a cost saving in using a Bio-Fire rather than an electric heater?
It compares well with electricity and is less expensive than gas. It is however more economical in other ways like not consuming electricity.
- What is a Bio-Fire?
It is the easy answer to enjoying a REAL fire anywhere in your home without smoke or the need for a chimney and without harming the environment. Bio-Fires can be easily moved outdoors or to any other room in your home to create a warm and romantic atmosphere.
The main function of o Bio-Fire is decorative but with added benefits of supplementary heating, ambience and an aromatherapy option which is also an effective inhalator.
- How do I light my Bio-Fire?
- Arrange all Bio-Fireplace elements by referring to the assembly instruction.
- Tip the sand onto the stainless steel tray, place sand and stones around the fuel pot.
- Make sure that nothing is placed directly in the fire because of the possibility of smoke.
- Remove the fuel pot from the tray and fill it with Bio-Fuel.
- Put the fuel pot back into the tray’s centre hole – When putting the fuel pot back in place, take care to avoid spilling the fuel. If the fuel is spilt, wipe it up or wait until it dries off. Do not light the spilled fuel as the glass cylinder may crack.
- Always light the fire using the special safety lighter provided.