Efficient, Stylish and Eco-Conscious Hearth Products Heat Up Market
Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:02am EDT
RENO, NV, Mar 19 (MARKET WIRE) –
As consumers look for ways to save money and make their home a restful retreat, fireplace and stove manufacturers are producing innovative and stylish products that meet the need for efficient, clean heat.
On display will be numerous products that are covered under the recently-passed stimulus package. The stimulus bill makes many of these stoves even more affordable by providing consumers with a 30 percent tax credit (up to $1,500) through 2010 for the addition of a 75% efficient biomass-burning stove.
2009 Technology and Product Trends
Eco-friendly, efficient and easy to use — those are the key trends for this year’s hottest stoves and fireplaces.
– In the Zone: Heating rooms that a family occupies the most, or zone heating, makes today’s stoves and fireplaces allow a home’s central heat to be turned down. Fans, circulators and blowers enhance that efficiency, helping to save even more money.
– All-in-One: Home is where the hearth is. As the center of relaxation and entertainment, new fireplaces can include entertainment features like iPod docks, wire management channels and built-in media cabinets to form an instant sanctuary.
– Art of Fire: The beauty of a flame is amplified by manufacturers who have designed fireplace masterpieces that can be hung on walls, can feature rich veneers, sculptures and glass, and sometimes even touched off with LED lighting.
– Convenience is King: Manufacturers continue to develop the latest in remote controls, timers, and hopper technology. Modern hearth products offer flip-of-the-switch heat and ambiance, self-cleaning capabilities, and can allow for multiple days of operation with little hassle or
2008 Industry Shipment Statistics
The hearth industry is a $5 billion a year industry. In 2008:
– Nearly 1.9 million hearth products were shipped across the U.S.
To read the full story go to www.reuters.com/article